East Devon Tree Care Ltd is an experienced and well established organisation, operating a first class tree care and management service in Devon. Working mainly throughout the Westcountry and occasionally further afield nationwide, we offer a professional and experienced consultancy service including:
– QTRA Tree Condition & Risk Assessments
– Ancient and Veteran Tree Management Advice
– General Arboricultural Advice
– Tree Inventories
– Pests and Diseases Identification including Ash Dieback
– Pre-development Site Appraisals
– Tree Surveys to BS5837:2012 – Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction Recommendations.
– Tree Protection Plans
– Arboricultural Method Statements and Supervision
– Discharge of Arboricultural Planning Conditions
– Tree Preservation Order and Conservation Area Applications and Appeals
– Airspade Root Excavation and Investigations
Tree Consultancy Services in Devon and throughout the Westcountry
Our tree consultancy services include:
Tree Condition & Safety Inspections and Risk Assessments
Tree Surveys in accordance with BS5837:2012 Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction – Recommendations
Protected Tree and Conservation Area Planning Applications and Appeals
Qualifications and experience
Our consultant, Matthew Shute, has worked within the Arboricultural industry since 1999 and has gained a wealth of knowledge and experience from working within the field as a climbing arborist and through continued professional development and training during this time. In recent years, through a natural expansion of the consultancy side of the business, Matthew’s role within East Devon Tree Care has developed to become a full-time consulting arborist, advising a broad mix of domestic, county council and commercial land owners on tree safety issues.
- Matthew achieved a Foundation Degree in Arboriculture awarded by Myerscough College in 2008.
- Matthew has been a professional member of the Arboricultural Association (Membership no PR00669) since 2008.
- The LANTRA award for Professional Tree Inspection is a benchmark standard for assessing tree conditions at a professional level. Matthew achieved this award in 2010 and can carry out a full assessment to suit your requirements whether it is for one tree within your property or several within an estate or woodland.
- In 2013, Matthew also attended a course of training in the principles and application of the Quantified Tree Risk Assessment system. Matthew has attended training courses on Visual Tree Assessment through QTRA and is also a licensed QTRA user. East Devon Tree Care is certified to undertake Quantified Tree Risk Assessments (QTRA) for landowners, local authorities, parish councils and developers to quantify the level of risk posed by a tree in its current condition and location.
- Matthew has a keen interest in veteran, ancient and historic trees. In 2017 he was invited to join the stakeholder group for the Ancient Tree Forum and their contribution towards the forthcoming Pan European VETcert qualification. In 2018 he became a training provider for the VETree; Valuing and managing veteran trees training course.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us to receive your written fee proposal for any works you may require.