East Devon Tree Care Ltd is an experienced and well established organisation, operating a first class tree care and management service in Devon. Working mainly throughout the Westcountry and occasionally further afield nationwide, we offer a professional and experienced consultancy service including:
– QTRA Tree Condition & Risk Assessments
– Ancient and Veteran Tree Management Advice
– General Arboricultural Advice
– Tree Inventories
– Pests and Diseases Identification including Ash Dieback
– Pre-development Site Appraisals
– Tree Surveys to BS5837:2012 – Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction Recommendations.
– Tree Protection Plans
– Arboricultural Method Statements and Supervision
– Tree Preservation Order and Conservation Area Planning Applications and Appeals
– Airspade Root Excavation and Investigations
We have worked within the industry since 1999 providing professional Arboricultural services which has given us years of extensive experience and knowledge of the Arboricultural industry. We operated as a fully insured, qualified and professional tree surgery contractor in the Devon area from 2005-2021 holding Arboricultural Association Approved Contractor status. During this time, the consultancy side of the business has grown and in 2021, we transitioned to a consultancy only firm to focus on our expanding client base and personal interests. If you require tree surgery services or are looking for some initial advice, please get in touch and we can recommend a range of local, reputable and professional tree surgery contractors perfectly suited to your requirements and budget.
In addition to the broad mix of domestic, local authority and commercial land owners work, we have a keen interest in working with veteran, ancient and historic trees. We appreciate and recognise the value of these unique ancient habitats. Veteran trees require specialised management techniques, with long term ecological considerations requiring perspectives of decades rather than years and we strive to give the most up to date advice on the management of veteran trees and their associated habitats.
Contact us to discuss the requirements for your project in further detail.
Qualifications and experience
Our consultant, Matthew Shute, has worked within the Arboricultural industry since 1999 and has gained a wealth of knowledge and experience from working within the field as a climbing arborist and through continued professional development and training during this time. In recent years, through a natural expansion of the consultancy side of the business, Matthew’s role within East Devon Tree Care has developed to become a full-time consulting arborist, advising a broad mix of domestic, county council and commercial land owners on tree safety issues.
- Matthew achieved a Foundation Degree in Arboriculture awarded by Myerscough College in 2008.
- Matthew has been a professional member of the Arboricultural Association (Membership no PR00669) since 2008.
- The LANTRA award for Professional Tree Inspection is a benchmark standard for assessing tree conditions at a professional level. Matthew achieved this award in 2010 and can carry out a full assessment to suit your requirements whether it is for one tree within your property or several within an estate or woodland.
- In 2013, Matthew also attended a course of training in the principles and application of the Quantified Tree Risk Assessment system. Matthew has attended training courses on Visual Tree Assessment through QTRA and is also a licensed QTRA user. East Devon Tree Care is certified to undertake Quantified Tree Risk Assessments (QTRA) for landowners, local authorities, parish councils and developers to quantify the level of risk posed by a tree in its current condition and location.
- Matthew has a keen interest in veteran, ancient and historic trees. In 2017 he was invited to join the stakeholder group for the Ancient Tree Forum and their contribution towards the forthcoming Pan European VETcert qualification. In 2018 he became a training provider for the VETree; Valuing and managing veteran trees training course.