East Devon Tree Care Ltd is an experienced and well established organisation, operating a first class tree surgery care and management service in Devon. Our consultancy services extend mainly to the rest of the Westcountry area for professional tree inspections, QTRA tree risk assessments and BS5837 tree surveys although we have undertaken consultancy work projects throughout the UK including Northern Ireland.
We specialise in highly skilled techniques and always carefully consider all aspects of the job, striving to meet our customers requirements whilst also maintaining our policy on advising sympathetic but effective management for the tree and its surrounding environment when necessary.
In addition to the broad mix of domestic, local authority and commercial land owners work, we have a keen interest in working with veteran, ancient and historic trees. We appreciate and recognise the value of these unique ancient habitats. Veteran trees require specialised management techniques, with long term ecological considerations requiring perspectives of decades rather than years and we strive to give the most up to date advice on the management of veteran trees and their associated habitats.
Why choose East Devon Tree Care?
- Competitively priced and all quotations will be received in writing.
- Our high standard of work are coupled with working with minimum disruption to your garden or site, leaving all areas clean and tidy.
- Fully insured with £5,000,000 Public Liability insurance.
- All works are carried out in accordance with the British Standards BS3998: Recommendations for tree works
- Hold a range of professional memberships and accreditations.
- Have a fully qualified team for jobs requiring road working and closures.
- All climbing and rigging equipment is regularly inspected and records are kept conforming with the HSE LOLER and PUWER Regulations 1998.
- Safety is paramount and full site specific risk assessments are carried out on site prior to start of works - detailed Health & Safety policy is available upon request.
- We maintain a firm environmental policy and are committed to our recycling targets.
- Biosecurity is defined as a set of precautions that aim to prevent the introduction and spread of harmful organisms. These may be pests, pathogens or invasive species. We maintain a Biosecurity policy and are committed to preventing the spread of pests and diseases. We are committed to complying with all legal requirements applicable to plant health and biosecurity, for example Plant Health Act and Plant Heath Order.
- Customer feedback is collected to enable us to monitor customer satisfaction.
Memberships and Accreditations
- Arboricultural Association Approved Contractors
- ACDC Accredited Contractors
- Trustmark - Government Endorsed Standards in Tree Surgery - Accredited Contractors
- Quantified Tree Risk Assessment (QTRA) Registered User
- Professional Member of the Arboricultural Association (Matthew Shute - M.Arbor.A)
- Environment Agency Registered Green Waste Carrier - Registration No: CBDL19150
All of our team are NPTC or industry qualified. Its important to note that a certificate of competence is not a measure of experience and we also pride ourselves on being experienced within the industry since 1999. We invest in a continuing professional development plan to ensure our operatives and consultants are familiar with the latest research and the most up-to-date arboricultural techniques according to best practice.
Matthew Shute achieved a Foundation degree in Arboriculture (FdSc Arb) in 2008 through Myerscough College and has a continuous CPD record in Arboriculture since then for both tree surgery operations and tree consultancy work.
East Devon Tree Care is the trading name of East Devon Tree Care Ltd
Registered Address:18 High Street, Budleigh Salterton, Devon, EX9 6LQ
Company Registration Number: 6313977